Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My new wheel on the way!!!!!


My shawl alas now sits, stuck. I have finished my hand spun and now wait for my brand new wheel. Yes finally I can produce like the big dawgs. I bought a Babes production wheel in Black. Babes fiber garden produces some very nice and reasonably priced spinning wheels. The old man who invented the babes is so sweet and nice how could I resist. Love the fact they are made of pvc, as cheap as I am I could not build one my self. Oh yeah we tried to do the flyer mode on my quill wheel but man how on earth do you set the ratios ect ect. Big fail. My hubby is such a crafts man, but hey some times you buy for ease and comfort right?
Oh my Dye job, this is the ball for my friends head band. Started it this morning. I love the pattern it's the owlette headband by Kym Sturdevant. It is knitting up fast and I think I will have a lot of yarn left. My friend may get a second or even third gift.

The bottle of wine she gave me was Kendal Jackson surmation 2008. I may have spelled that wrong. Anywho the wine its self is a blend, it is light bodied and has a strong finish. I did not pick up the chocolate tones it said it would have, it may have needed more time to breath. But all in all, a good wine thank you to my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment