Friday, February 17, 2012

First attempt a dyeing yarn and another picture of shawl


This is my first try at yarn dyeing, I did it in the microwave. I will be using this to knit a thank you gift for a coworker who gifted us a bottle of wine for valentines day. Her favorite color is green she will have a custom job. Ok first I wrapped the yarn into a skien, put it into a pyrex with vinager and water. I've heard you should let it soak first before adding dye, I used food coloring. I squished it down and let it sit 5min maybe, then I added a green and blue mix. It soaked in fast then I did drops of straight blue randomly. I covered it with plastic wrap and microwaved it for 5mins stop then 5min more, the second time the water was basicaly clear some blue tint not much. the last time 5min and it began to boil, but it did not felt. I squeezed out the water and rinsed it ,color fast baby. It was so cool I will be doing this again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment